Last updated: 01-01-20
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you interact with our Services, we collect the following information:
- Contact Information: Your name, mailing address or email address.
- Demographic Information: Your ZIP code, age, preferences, gender, interests and favorites.
- Online Identifiers: IP address, advertising ID, unique device ID, and other information about your device, and internal and third party IDs that have been assigned to you.
- Inferences: We may receive information about your preferences, interests and purchasing tendencies.
- Internet Activity Information: Browsing history, information on how you interact with advertisements we serve on behalf of our clients, and information about the location of your device.
Where/How Do We Collect Information About You?
We collect information about you from:
- You. When you provide your information on our website or in person when we host or run an event for our clients.
- Service Providers. We work with service providers who collect information on our behalf in order to provide services to us. We only allow our service providers to use your personal information in connection with the services they provide us.
- Data Partners. We work with data partners who provide us with insights and information about consumer behaviors, which we use to create a marketing strategy for our clients.
- Cookies & Other Technologies on our Website.
What are Cookies & Other Technologies?
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Tracking Technologies. Web beacons, pixel tags and other “tracking technologies” are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an email or advertisement. These technologies allow your browser to recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page with the beacon and a description of that page.
Can You Opt Out?
Visit our section on your privacy choices for more information on how to opt out.
How Do We Use Your Information?
To Contact you
- To send you emails and other marketing communications (including special offers) on behalf of our clients
- To provide you with a marketing experience on behalf of our clients or to help us market our own products and services
- To respond to your requests or answer your questions
- To contact you about new opportunities, your opinion on current products and services or potential new products and services that we may offer
To Analyze and Improve the Website
- To analyze, operate and improve our website
- To understand your interactions with our marketing campaigns
- To operate and improve our websites, products or services and to foster a positive user experience
- To help our clients and third parties understand the kinds of visitors we see on our website and how those visitors use our website
Security and Fraud Prevention
- To enforce our legal rights or comply with the law
We may use your information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, provided we have obtained the required consent.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- Our Clients.
- Service Providers. We engage Service Providers to provide services such as advertising, marketing, email, and analytics/insights. We may share any information we collect about you with these Service Providers and authorize them to collect information from you directly to support the services they provide to us. We do not authorize our Service Providers to share your information with any other third parties.
How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information?
We send marketing communications on behalf of our clients. Any opt-out of our clients’ communications should be sent through that client.
Do Not Track
Rights for Our California Residents
We collect information on behalf of our clients. Residents of California (“California Consumers”) may have additional privacy rights under California law, such as the right to know what information is collected, how their information is used, who their information is shared with, as well as the right to the access, delete or obtain a copy of their information. To exercise any of these rights, California Consumers should contact our clients directly.
If you have any questions or concerns about your California privacy rights, please contact us via email by clicking here or by writing to Communications@Acosta.com.
Additional Privacy Information
- Security, Retention and Storage of Information. We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the information that we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
- Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 16 to provide us with any personal information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. If you are under 16, please do not register for our sites or provide us with any personal information (such as your name, email address or phone number).
- Location of Your Data. Acosta is a U.S. company and your personal information will be transferred to, processed, stored and accessed by us, our affiliates and Service Providers in the United States and in other jurisdictions where we or they operate, which may not provide you with the same level of privacy protection as you are entitled to in your jurisdiction.
How Can You Learn More
How to Contact Us
Acosta Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Last updated: 10-13-11
These terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") govern your use of the Acosta website you have accessed (the "Site"). Compliance with these rules is a condition to your use of the Site. If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, promptly exit this Site.
Ownership of the Site
All pages within this Site and any material made available for download are the property of Acosta, Inc. ("Acosta"). The Site is protected by United States and international copyright and trademark laws. The contents of the Site, including without limitation the files, documents, text, photographs, images, audio and video, and any materials accessed through or made available for use or download through this Site ("Content") may not be copied, distributed, modified, reproduced, published, or used, in whole or in part, except for purposes authorized or approved by Acosta, including the provision of services or products to Acosta, or in connection with a business relationship with Acosta. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose, or deep linking to, any name, trademarks, service marks, logo, Content or other proprietary information (including; images, text, page layout or form) of Acosta without our express written consent.
You acknowledge that the Site and the Content includes information which is confidential and proprietary to Acosta ("Confidential Information"). Confidential Information includes Content or other information marked as "Confidential" or similar label, as well as any other Content or other information which you know or reasonably should know is confidential or proprietary to Acosta. If you are not sure whether Content is Confidential Information, please contact email@example.com for clarification and do not disclose such Content to any third party until you receive such clarification. You agree to keep all such Confidential Information strictly confifidential and to not disclose any such Confidential Information to any third party without the advance written consent of Acosta.
Accuracy and Integrity of Information
Although Acosta attempts to ensure the integrity and accurateness of the Site, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site. It is possible that the Site could include typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Site by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform Acosta so that it can be corrected. Information contained on the Site may be changed or updated without notice.
Submissions / Uploads to the Site
If you submit or upload any information or files to our site ("Submissions"), you agree not to (1) post or transmit anything that is defamatory, abusive, libelous, unlawful, obscene, threatening, harassing, fraudulent, pornographic, or harmful, or that could encourage criminal or unethical behavior, (2) submit or upload anything that violates the copyright or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, (3) post or transmit a virus or any other harmful component, or (4) contact other site users through unsolicited email, telephone calls, mailings or any other method of communication. Acosta shall have the irrevocable license and right to use Submissions for its business purposes. You are responsible for making sure all Submissions that you originate or require are properly backed up so you have ready access thereto in the event of loss, corruption or interruption.
Disclaimer of Warranties
ACOSTA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND TITLE/NON-INFRINGEMENT. ACOSTA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN, OR THE MISUSE OR MISINTERPRETATION OF, ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE. ACOSTA DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND HYPERLINKED WEBSITES. ACOSTA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE PROGRAMMING. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING PROCEDURES SUFFICIENT TO SATISFY YOUR NEEDS FOR DATA BACK UP AND SECURITY. YOU AGREE THAT ACOSTA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING DIRECTLY OF INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH CODE. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OF THE INTERNET.
Limitation of Liability Regarding Use of Site
ACOSTA AND ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THIS SITE ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE AND/OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR HYPERLINKED WEBSITES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES.